I do. And you should too - if you want to make sure that I'm the right copywriter for you.
10 reasons you'll love me. Or lump me.
1. I'm no expert. I know a little about a lot. I love discovering new things and immersing myself in new industries or topics. It allows me to look at your challenges from a perspective I might've missed if I already knew it all. And isn't everyone an expert these days?
2. I write from the heart. Cheesy at is sounds, I'm a touchy-feely writer. Not a 'straighty 180'. I'll turn your content into emotive, effective copy that asks a question, sparks a reaction, starts a conversation or moves someone in some way.
3. I'm ex-agency. Life in the crazy, fast lane has taught me to come up with ideas quickly, honour deadlines and take criticism on the chin. *Pats self on back*
4. I'm not an English graduate. I majored in psychology. OK, OK, and comms. Most people are puzzled by this, but writing is psychology. To connect with your customers, you need to understand what influences, inspires, excites or scares them.
5. I've (almost) seen it all - from the IBMs and GEs of the world to the unknowns, start-ups and one-man-brands. I've worked with companies, challenges and projects of varying complexity and size, and will create a strategy to suit your needs and budget.
6. I care. I absolutely love what I do and care about the results I get for my clients. I know everyone says this, but it's the truth. I put love into creating copy that you're happy with. But, if it's not working, I'll humbly bow out and suggest someone who might be better suited to your business.
7. I'm not Australian. Gasp! I grew up in Zimbabwe, studied in South Africa, lived in London, and travelled before settling in Sydney. That means I can put myself in a variety of audiences' shoes and feel what they feel. And that, ladies and gentleman, is what will turn curious minds into love struck customers.
8. I'm not a specialist. I've written content for almost every sector imaginable - every medium, channel, industry or person - at least once. I can bring a fresher perspective to your content than might be achieved if I'd written about the same industry or topic year after year, after year.
9. I've been around the block. I've written content for Australian, Kiwi, Canadian, Asia-Pac, the US and UK markets, and understand the cultural and grammatical nuances that exist between borders. I'll translate your content across global markets and won't confuse a boerie with a banger or a snag. You'll sleep better knowing this. Promise.
10. I know people - arty types, designers, photographers and filmmakers. These are the creative powerhouses I join forces with when a client requests the 'full monty'. I partner with them for two reasons: they're bloody good at what they do, and great creative happens when we get together.